couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Fair <mich...@daclubhouse.net>
Subject Re: Calculating Revision IDs outside erlang (proposal to add {minor_version, 1} to the calc)
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2016 07:16:49 GMT
Ok pull request is away, I used the GitHub repository, apache/master as a
base, and revId-minor_version_1-md5Calc as the branch in my fork.  It
wasn't obvious to me how to get a Jira ticket and branch created and my git
skills are minimal on a good day.

There was a build error on R16B03-1; I tried to look at the logs but wasn't
sure what I was looking at/for.

The actual change is extremely minimal as it's just changing like 876 in
src/couch_db.erl from this:
            couch_crypto:hash(md5, term_to_binary([Deleted, OldStart,
OldRev, Body, Atts2]))

to this:
            couch_crypto:hash(md5, term_to_binary([Deleted, OldStart,
OldRev, Body, Atts2], [{minor_version, 1}]))

 Any advice/help/guidance appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike