couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Samuel Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Candidates for built-in filter functions?
Date Sun, 20 Mar 2016 18:40:49 GMT
That idea came up explicitly this week and it has obvious merit. I don't know enough about
mango selectors to know if it's rich "enough" but it would be simple to add and whatever it
did cover would run much faster than today's JS approach.

> On 20 Mar 2016, at 17:03, Adam Kocoloski <kocolosk@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Bob, instead of trying to anticipate all popular options what about enabling Mango
selectors as filters? I’d hope that over time the performance of a selector is comparable
to a builtin.