couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Candidates for built-in filter functions?
Date Sun, 20 Mar 2016 16:19:08 GMT
Hi,

As part of a new effort to improve replicator performance I'm planning to add new built-in
filter functions. These run in the Erlang vm; saving the couchjs round trip.

The first candidate is one that skips deleted documents as it's quite common to replicate
with such a filter to remove deleted tombstones.

This thread is for gathering more suggestions, so please help me out here. I'd like to reach
the level we have for reduce functions which cover a good deal of the useful / functional
cases.

One filter I'm considering would allow filtering by the value of a named attribute. Something
like "include this doc if doc.type equals 'purchase order'". Both the name and required value
would be query parameters.

B.