couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposal for a new and powerful "keymask" option in views
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2016 16:37:12 GMT

> On 07 Mar 2016, at 01:27, Adam Kocoloski <kocolosk@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Constantin, this is definitely the right list :)
>
> Have you seen the work on the new “Mango” query processor? The README on the repo
is probably the best resource:

> https://github.com/apache/couchdb-mango
>
> If the elements of your key array are pulled directly from fields of the document then
it would be possible to execute a keymask using a _find invocation. The Mango query processor
will use the index you create and then do an Erlang-based filter of the remaining rows to
satisfy the exact query. There are a few limitations to Mango at the moment:

> - Mango wants its own indexes, it doesn’t know how to incorporate user-defined MR views

Sorry for the derail, but this sounds fascinating. *could* Mango updated to use user-defined
MR views (given they adhere to any Mango specific requirements, not just any MR views).

Best
Jan