couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Joan Touzet <woh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Applied for official Docker image
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2016 17:43:02 GMT
I've not been following this message trail carefully, but I have a question.

Does the docker image run 3 instances within the same image, or is it a
single node version? The reason I ask is that, in deployment, which is
where I would expect docker to shine, you'd **NEVER** want to run 3
nodes on the same machine. It basically removes the entire clustering
feature from CouchDB.

I'm happy to explain more if it's not clear why having the default docker
image as a single node is strongly preferable.

-Joan