couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From "Eli Stevens (Gmail)" <wickedg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Applied for official Docker image
Date Tue, 26 Jan 2016 01:19:53 GMT
On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 11:10 AM, Alexander Shorin <kxepal@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 9:59 PM, Eli Stevens (Gmail)
> <wickedgrey@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The intent was to hopefully have the build scripts, etc. folded back
>> into the main repo to make it easier for future releases to have
>> official packages, but I think that everyone was too focused on core
>> 2.0 issues to get too involved in packaging (and also enough changed
>> that it was probably too early to get it right).
>
> Hm...nice! Do you have these build scripts? We can put them into our
> repo now even for 1.6 state. That would be still better than start
> whole work from scratch and I think we can make these builds official
> via CI services that will run Ubuntu anyway.

I don't have the scripts, as the only formal deliverable from earlier
was a working Ubuntu 12.04 package of 1.6.1 (and we wouldn't have had
a use for the scripts in any case, as we're not interested in building
CouchDB ourselves, hence contracting that out to someone who knows
what they're doing).

I'll let Dave comment about the new work, once we've got a contract
hammered out, and he's been able to devote some time to the project.
Again, it might be a bit before that happens.

Cheers,
Eli