couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Clemens Stolle <clemens.sto...@fastmail.com>
Subject Re: Applied for official Docker image
Date Mon, 25 Jan 2016 10:32:23 GMT
Hey CouchDB devs,

I got some feedback for the official image proposal (see https://github.com/docker-library/official-images/pull/1288#issuecomment-173365497)

I’d like to get some feedback from you for the following questions:

- Should we use ubuntu and the PPA instead of building from source? The ubuntu base image
is 60MB bigger than debian's.
- Building from git branches is not feasible in official images. Are there tags or pre-release
snapshots for 2.0?
- How does CouchDB handle signals? Currently couchdb doesn’t respond to SIGTERM. I’m not
sure if this is caused by my wrapper shell script.

Thanks for your input.

Clemens

> Am 18.12.2015 um 14:47 schrieb Robert Kowalski <rok@kowalski.gd>:
>
> cool thank you <3
>
> On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 11:28 PM, Clemens Stolle <klaemo@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hey couch potatoes,
>>
>> I just submitted CouchDB to the "official-images" repo. If the review goes well,
CouchDB will have an official Docker image soon (like pretty much every database out there).
That means users will be able to "docker run couchdb" instead of "docker run klaemo/couchdb".

>> You can check the status at https://github.com/docker-library/official-images/pull/1288.
>>
>> I submitted version 1.6.1 as well as 2.0-dev. That should make it pretty easy for
people to give 2.0 a spin. Of course, I'll add future releases as they come out. When the
review goes through, I might ask you for help with the Readme for the Docker registry.