couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject 2.0 Status
Date Sat, 12 Dec 2015 14:40:10 GMT
Hey all,

where are we on 2.0?

Who is working on the 2.0 blockers listed on http://s.apache.org/couchdb-2.0?

* * *

I said I wanted the JS test suite to get fully passing before we get a beta out, but given
the meagre response (thanks all who did help!), it appears foolish to stand firm on this.

We should keep working on this, but it could be handled during the beta period under “known
issues”. See https://github.com/apache/couchdb-chttpd/pull/98 for an example of just two
tiny things we accidentally dropped between 1.x and 2.x, and I fear there are a lot more hidden
in the 45 JS tests that we don’t run yet. Especially our replicator tests are part of the
skipped tests and that worries me.

* * *

Nevertheless, we should try to get a beta out before the holidays. What is missing before
we would feel comfortable getting a beta release out?

Who can help get us over the hump?

Best
Jan