couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What to run/test during a CI build
Date Fri, 25 Dec 2015 07:00:11 GMT
Hi Bastian,

On Fri, Dec 25, 2015 at 1:37 AM, Bastian Krol
<bastian.krol@tu-dortmund.de> wrote:
> Right now we clone/update the repo from git and then run "./configure &&
> make all check dist" and that's it. I wonder if that is enough? Currently I
> am not doing anything with the binary or the tarball that is produced in
> this step.

We found yesterday the case when "make all check dist" passes
successfully, but produced release is broken (because we leave some
bits which triggers git info lookup while we strip all the .git
everywhere). So worth to extend this chain to:

"./configure && make all check dist && tar -x
apache-couchdb-2.0-some-hash.tar.gz && cd apache-couchdb-2.0-some-hash
&& ./configure && make all check" - not real command, but with fixing
tar and cd part it will be close to.

If it's possible to test "make install" on CI into some fake root -
that would be also helpful.

--