couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The CouchDB 2.0 Release Testing Plan
Date Thu, 24 Dec 2015 15:55:31 GMT

> On 22 Dec 2015, at 23:02, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Heya,
>
> I’ve started writing some documentation that I’d like to start pointing testes at
soonish.

> It’s an incomplete draft as of now and I’d love some help on some of the sections.
I’ve left a number of TODOs in the margins that should be easy to pick up. If you have any
questions, do let me know:

>    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BtndYr-0KDQTqBSLVdJoR_8C5ObYjT1RBo_Qyh5ykdQ/edit#

This is now more or less complete*. I fixed one more issue that prevented us from building
CouchDB from within a release tarball and then ran through various setup scenarios:

- Docker’d cluster on Digital Ocean
- Single-node setup locally
- Manual form-source install on three different Digital Ocean VMs, and using the setup Wizard
to form a cluster

…and added instructions for all of them to the doc.

*although it doesn’t cover Windows yet, please help :)

* * *

Please all give this a spin over the holidays, or after and augment the doc where needed (I’ve
switched it to edit suggestions, let me know your Google account when you want full editing
access)

* * *

I’m very happy we all got this far! And personally I had hoped we get this up and running
before the Christmas holidays so we hit a close one here :)

Thanks everyone for all your hard work all year round and enjoy the first round of CouchDB
2.0 alphas! :)

Best
Jan
--
🎄

> Early builds are already showing up on http://couchdb.apache.org/release-candidate/2.0/
so it’s a good time to get people into the habit of testing new versions.

> The one thing I’d like to add to the above is publish the results of `make dist` so
testers don’t have to build the docs and fauxton themselves, but I’m not there yet.