couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Joan Touzet <woh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Deprecate global functions in query server
Date Sat, 12 Dec 2015 17:46:07 GMT
> -2. still doesn’t solve that `function() {}` is not valid JavaScript
> and doesn’t work in newer SpiderMonkeys or other engines. But that
> might be out of scope.

IMO if you're going to tweak anything in the query definitions, you HAVE
to fix this - it's a bridge to us using any other engine and therefore
mandatory as a change at some point in the not too distant fugure.

I appreciate that we probably don't want to cram this change into 2.0,
but I'd ask the assembled people to at least consider it briefly before
agreeing to make it a mandatory 3.0 change.

-Joan