couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Ying Bian <yb...@me.com>
Subject Re: pouchdb-find and couchdb 2.0
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2015 13:31:59 GMT
Sorry if I posted to the wrong list. I should have posted to the user list.

- Ying

> 在 2015年10月1日,21:20,Ying Bian <ybian@me.com> 写道:
>
> Dear couchdb developers and users,
>
> I’m new to couchdb & pouchdb and I’m looking forward to some comments to the
following problem:

> I want to setup a couchdb service in the cloud and provide an SDK to my users for them
to use in their apps. They can also use pouchdb as a local replication of their data. An important
part of the SDK is the query interface. I want it to be developer-friendly as much as possible.
The map/reduce API is too complex for developers with no similar experience. After some investigation,
I think maybe [pouchdb-find](https://github.com/nolanlawson/pouchdb-find) is worth to try.
Its mongodb like query language is more intuitive in my mind.

> My questions are:
>
> 1. Pouchdb-find is still in beta and its documents says "This API is modeled after the
Cloudant query API, soon to be merged into CouchDB 2.0.”  Is the support already merged
into couchdb 2.0? What’s the delivery plan for couchdb 2.0? Is it to safe to switch to 2.0
now?

> 2. I want the query interface to be “couch & pouch” transparent: the same query
API would be used for both local pouchdb and remote couchdb. I suppose this is not a problem.
Am I right?