couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Vatamaniuc <vatam...@gmail.com>
Subject EUnit Tests
Date Tue, 20 Oct 2015 01:04:59 GMT
Hi everyone,

This is another update regarding the status of EUnit tests.

With the help of Maria Andersson, Alexander Shorin and other team
members, we got to a much better place. Tests for 2.0 master are now
consistently passing on Travis.

>From a couple of weeks ago tests went from working in isolation on
just my machine (see previous EUnit tests email update), to working as
part of the whole tests suite, then working for other team members,
then on Travis but with with intermittent failures. Finally we ironed
a few bugs and race conditions, and now yesterday's master ran 80
green tests cycles on Travis:

https://travis-ci.org/nickva/couchdb/builds

( To run tests that many times, I changed .travis.yml file to repeat
"make eunit" command 5 times. That happens for each of the 4 OTP
versions . Then pushed bogus commits to trigger Travis 4 times. Here
is the patch https://github.com/nickva/couchdb/commit/17a426c99c2954809410d0ac77bbed6b0b9301e9.
)

And here is the Jira ticket used to track the failures and fixes:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-2848.

Many thanks to Alex, Maria and everyone else who helped out. Hopefully
this brings us closer to a 2.0 release.

- Nick Vatamaniuc