couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Kowalski <...@kowalski.gd>
Subject Fauxton Windows developer question
Date Tue, 20 Oct 2015 14:12:17 GMT
Hey there,

I am currently working with our old & grown Gruntfile.js [1] together with
the files in tasks/

The gruntfile has grown over the years and it got really hard to make
changes to our buildsystem.

It also has some weird edge cases, as a release is made from the dist/debug
folder, but the debug folder and it's contents is created from the task
that spins up the devserver.

Anyway... right now I am trying to integrate Babel as react-tools are
deprecated. After the update I want to update to React 14 (that's where my
current journey began).

There are some tasks that would perfectly fit into a Makefile because they
don't fit in a one liner as `npm run <task>` [2] (e.g. finding all .less
files and feed them into the less compiler). I know that some people are
using Windows and I am a super Windows noob.

Windows Fauxton developers:

Do Makefiles run in your Windows dev environment (e.g. via git shell et.
al.) or would a make based build for Fauxton exclude you?

If it would exclude you, do you have a suggestion what to use?

Best,
Robert :)

[1] https://github.com/apache/couchdb-fauxton/blob/master/Gruntfile.js
[2] https://github.com/apache/couchdb-fauxton/blob/master/package.json#L50