couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Allow rewrites to be JS function
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2015 09:20:56 GMT
On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 12:07 PM, Johs Ensby <johs@b2w.com> wrote:
> will you welcome ermouths rewrite contribution?

The decision is depends on the implementation. If it will be good, why
not? Finally, CouchDB is open source project: we cannot forbid people
right for contributions, we only welcome them.

> Arguments against couchapps has to do with performance and the folly in competing with
node.js.

Performance question for the new _rewrite implementation is very
depends on query server. Once it can process this kind of functions,
you may use something better than JS to gain better performance. That
could be Erlang native query server, or luerl-based one, or else you
like.

--