couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Nolan Lawson <no...@nolanlawson.com>
Subject Re: Submissions – CouchDB Weekly News
Date Wed, 14 Oct 2015 21:16:44 GMT
Hi Katharina,

This video was great, all about CouchDB and PouchDB:

Patricia Garcia: Good Tech for Hard Places: Fighting Ebola with JS Offline
Apps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sLjWlWvCsc

Releases:

pouchy 3.0.1, A simple, opinionated interface for the amazing PouchDB
https://www.npmjs.com/package/pouchy

pouchdb-find 0.5.0, adds $in, $nin, $all, $size
https://www.npmjs.com/package/pouchdb-find

angular-pouchdb 4.0.0, adds fixes for PouchDB v5
https://www.npmjs.com/package/angular-pouchdb

pouchdb-replication-stream 1.2.5, fixes for PouchDB v5
https://github.com/nolanlawson/pouchdb-replication-stream

Other news:

I experimented with ES6 and Rollup to try to make the PouchDB bundle size
smaller (see https://github.com/pouchdb/pouchdb/pull/4462 and
https://github.com/nolanlawson/rollup-comparison). It only saved a few
kilobytes; in the end we decided to go with custom builds instead (
https://github.com/pouchdb/pouchdb/pull/4452).

Also we still have a "first timers" bug open asking for a blog post about
speedups with _bulk_get! https://github.com/pouchdb/pouchdb/issues/4440
Would be great to get a preview of the speed boost we're likely to see from
CouchDB 2.0. I'd also love a comparison with pouchdb-load and SocketPouch
if anyone fancies.

Cheers,
Nolan

--