couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Kowalski <...@kowalski.gd>
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2015 01:33:41 GMT
Hi Johs,

there is some more material I know of which completes the talk from Isaac.

 - A talk which tries to take a look what motivates people in Open Source
and what happens when at some point some people are paid to do certain
tasks in the project [1]

 - The book "Producing Open Source Software", written by the author of our
neighbors at the ASF that maintain the svn project - which was also part of
Isaacs talk as further reference [2]

 - Parts of "Natalia Berdys: The web experience in the autistic spectrum"
[3]

In the end it is all about input and output. You throw things into your
mail, that get's read by real people. Real people are behind that screen,
and these people have feelings. These people get feelings when they read
your response.

I am not sure what you mean by avoiding conflict or enforcing conflict to
build a skyscraper. I think you can build a good skyscraper or also a
smaller project if your group is able to give proper feedback. If your
group is not able to give proper feedback to everyone on a regular basis
building everything gets harder - if not impossible.

[1]
http://bofh.nikhef.nl/events/FOSDEM//2012/maintracks/k.1.105/Caret_and_Stick.webm
[2] http://producingoss.com/
[3] https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=2&v=7nnAYB1mb9E