couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Remove oAuth for 2.0
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2015 17:53:31 GMT

> On 10 Sep 2015, at 19:06, Alexander Shorin <kxepal@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> -1. We need to fix this, not drop.

The feature is already very poor, hard to understand and configure, and again, I don’t know
anyone who is using this. “Fixing” this would, imho, mean, starting from scratch and making
this properly, just restoring the half-baked 1.x state is not very pretty.

That said, are you volunteering? :)

Best
Jan
--

> --
> ,,,^..^,,,
>

> On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 7:30 PM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>> Oh, and I don’t know anyone who uses this.
>>
>> Best
>> Jan
>> --
>>
>>> On 10 Sep 2015, at 18:18, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Heya all,
>>>
>>> I just had occasion to look into 2.0s oAuth support and it looks like chttpd
doesn’t ever talk to couch_httpd_oauth.

>>> In addition, oAuth in 1.x has only ever been half-baked (no automatic handling
of tokens among many other things), it is not maintained, and it is barely documented.

>>> I propose to remove it from 2.0 and mark this as a breaking change.
>>>
>>> If not, we have to make 2.0 work with what we have, and we’ll have to have
somebody willing to do the work.