couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Remove oAuth for 2.0
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2015 18:58:40 GMT

> On 10 Sep 2015, at 20:20, Alexander Shorin <kxepal@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 8:53 PM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>>> On 10 Sep 2015, at 19:06, Alexander Shorin <kxepal@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> -1. We need to fix this, not drop.
>>
>> The feature is already very poor, hard to understand and configure, and again, I
don’t know anyone who is using this. “Fixing” this would, imho, mean, starting from
scratch and making this properly, just restoring the half-baked 1.x state is not very pretty.

>> That said, are you volunteering? :)
>
> Seems like there are no much options.
>
> I disagree that it's very poor. The only flaws it has is the lack of
> RSA support (our implementation) and open security issues (as auth
> protocol). But is there any good alternative?

I think dropping the feature us a good alternative, given that we have
no maintainers (unless somebody steps up in this thread).

Best
Jan