couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Michelle Phung <michel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Project Fauxton Feedback
Date Thu, 17 Sep 2015 16:26:37 GMT
Hi Eli,

We don’t use a schedule for the NPM package or Fauxton releases. The reason being is because
we enjoy being able to fix bugs and merge them, and have that code be the latest code everyone
works off of. The master branch moves FAST, from my point of view.  Fauxton comes standard
shipped with CouchDB, and that is considered the latest stable tested release.  The NPM Fauxton
package is a fairly new development for us, but auxiliary to all the other things we have
to do :)

Unfortunately, the npm package fauxton@1.0.3 is a bit outdated (4 months), and we haven’t
integrated a work flow that updates it every time we commit a fix, but I will bring that up
moving forward for us.

I am going to bug Robert K. to show me how to update the node package tomorrow, and so it
should be updated soon! hopefully it’ll be available over the weekend/next week for you
guys.

Try the github repo in the meantime though!

:)
Michelle

> On Sep 16, 2015, at 8:32 PM, Eli Stevens (Gmail) <wickedgrey@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I just (mostly) followed the instructions at (except for the -g part,
> since I didn't want it global):
>
> https://www.npmjs.com/package/fauxton
>
> And ran the following:
>
> npm install fauxton
> cd node_modules/fauxton/node_modules/.bin/ ; ./grunt couchapp_deploy
>
> Which had references to "fauxton@1.0.3 node_modules/fauxton" in the output.
>
> Does that answer the question?
>
> Aside, is what I did the best way to get a mostly-stable version of
> fauxton? I assumed that would be more stable that pulling directly
> from git. This goes back to my earlier question about releases; it's
> not clear what the best way to get something new and usable is.
>
> Thanks,
> Eli
>
> On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 3:06 PM, Michelle Phung <michellep@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hi Eli,
>>
>> JIRA is the place for bugs.
>>
>> Its kind of tough to get people to look at it though, since there’s a lot going
on with JIRA, and its a little endless.