couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Johs Ensby <j...@b2w.com>
Date Tue, 15 Sep 2015 17:37:06 GMT
Robert,

the video that you recommended caught my interest and I saw the whole thing trough again and
took a closer into the philosophy behind it. The NVC ideology didn't pass my standards, I
am afraid.
The danger of totally abandoning the concept of objective truth is that you end up with everybody's
feelings as the only sacred thing in this world.
To avoid conflict to maximize your transaction with people (you get what you need and I get
what I need) can be good in a short-term business relation, but not if you try to build a
good machine or sky scraper.

Would be interesting to know if anyone know of a paper that deals with the difference in values
and beliefs in the best OSS teams.

Johs

> On 15. sep. 2015, at 02.48, Johs Ensby <johs@b2w.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks for this video, Robert
> Very interesting, any other input like this that captures knowhow about how to make OSS
communities productive and compassionate would be highly appreciated