couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Johs Ensby <j...@b2w.com>
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2015 14:24:15 GMT
Hi,

> On 10. sep. 2015, at 16.15, Michelle Phung <michellep@apache.org> wrote:
> I recently was asked how to render a front end application visualization that could potentially
have millions of data points and could break the client.
> My initial response to this was to bin the data, then render it, but as I thought about
it over the next couple of days, it seemed like a good topic for discussion.

I think this is the kind of cases where d3 and map/reduce on a large data set could be perfect.

Based on the interactive d3 infographic, Couch serves up various views of a massive data set
to a client-side d3 chart that has its own in-browser ways of handling lots of data.

Johs