couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Johs Ensby <j...@b2w.com>
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2015 03:14:10 GMT
Hi Jan,
could you share the conclusion on your #1?
I would guess #1 and #3 need to work together since it is a bit hard to have one rule for
dealing with bad ideas and another for dealing with good ideas.

johs

> On 15. sep. 2015, at 12.21, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> 1. we already know how to deal with bad ideas in a friendly manner, completely ignore
this aspect of the discussion.

>> 2. don’t try to find a theoretical loophole in the “Yes, and…”-style (or
alternative proposals) just to show your intellectual prowess.

>> 3. if you disagree with employing a “Yes, and…”-style in the CouchDB community,
make a counter proposal that you think gets us to a better culture.