couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Kocoloski <kocol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2.0] Replication Issues
Date Sun, 02 Aug 2015 00:27:02 GMT
> On Jul 27, 2015, at 11:33 AM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:

I’m seeing a number of issues.

for 2.0, this has to be rock-solid.

I’ve seen this in other contexts as well, why is this happening and should it?

all nodes about every 5 seconds. What’s up with these?

on node 'node3@127.0.0.1' with exit value: {function_clause,[{cassim_metadata_cache,changes_callback,[waiting_for_updates,"0"]},{fabric_view_changes,keep_sending_changes,8},{fabric_view_changes,go,5}]}

changes listener died {function_clause,[{cassim_metadata_cache,changes_callback,[waiting_for_updates,"0"]},{fabric_view_changes,keep_sending_changes,8},{fabric_view_changes,go,5}]}

>>> Alexander pointed to https://github.com/apache/couchdb-fabric/commit/b6659c8344c9a028b5ab451be41a991801c2ab3d#diff-2af86e058b4e7a4a99a7c5a12da6debdR96
which is part of Adam’s recent work on COUCHDB-2724.

>>> Adam, any insights? :)
>>
>> Bob says this should fix it: https://gist.github.com/rnewson/b9efd4f45e1c62315816
>>
>> In the meantime, I reverted the changes optimisation commit on fabric and now I’m
getting this once it is time to start replicating more documents after the existing update
sequence is all caught up with during replication:

>> https://gist.github.com/janl/75804904dad73d17ed0e
>>
>> During which I found out that there *are* a few small attachments in the source database,
sorry for the confusion about this earlier.

>> I still see function_clause errors after the revert, Bob suggests to wait for Adam
to comment.

> Bob’s latest commits fixed the replication issue, but I’d love to hear about the
other things I mentioned.

> Best
> Jan
> —

Has there been any further OOB progress on the issues Jan enumerated here?

Adam