couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Smith <jason.h.sm...@gmail.com>
Subject Let's cut a Nano release
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2015 06:13:47 GMT
Hi, dev@. And hi, Johannes (hope you see this).

Last month, you asked what to do about releasing Apache Nano (or Apache
CouchDB Nano, or whatever its name is).

I would like to get involved in that effort, and to help push it forward.

Nuno and the team graciously donated the project to the ASF. I know that
much. Here are some open questions I feel remain.

1. There are still commits going into github.com/dscape/nano although only
Johannes so-far. I will submit a pull request to dscape to update the
README to point to the ASF project.

2. We have no JIRA project for it. May I get involved in creating that? Any
tips?

3. We have no issue tracker in GitHub either. For me, I would personally do
what I once learned from Jan ("collect feedback from customers where they
are"). So I would like to have github issues if possible? Any way I can
help?

4. What about publishing to npm? IMO, le mieux, c'est l'ennemi du bien, I
am happy asking Johannes to prepare a Git tag, then ask Johannes to `git
pull; git checkout; npm publish`. And then we can sort out the "real" fix
later, yeah?

5. What about publishing outside of npm? Must we still cut the release
artifacts, and have the VOTEs? My feeling is, the vote is proper and
useful, but the release artifacts are largely useless, given the ubiquity
of npm in the Node.js community.

Thanks, all!