couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2.0] Replication Issues
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2015 21:05:12 GMT
Noting that the new buffering patch broke continuous and long poll mode. I fixed both.

On 2 Aug 2015, at 01:27, Adam Kocoloski <kocolosk@apache.org> wrote:

> [...]
and I’m seeing a number of issues.

for 2.0, this has to be rock-solid.

I’ve seen this in other contexts as well, why is this happening and should it?

from all nodes about every 5 seconds. What’s up with these?

<0.14633.26> on node 'node3@127.0.0.1' with exit value: {function_clause,[{cassim_metadata_cache,changes_callback,[waiting_for_updates,"0"]},{fabric_view_changes,keep_sending_changes,8},{fabric_view_changes,go,5}]}

changes listener died {function_clause,[{cassim_metadata_cache,changes_callback,[waiting_for_updates,"0"]},{fabric_view_changes,keep_sending_changes,8},{fabric_view_changes,go,5}]}

which is part of Adam’s recent work on COUCHDB-2724.

>>> Bob says this should fix it: https://gist.github.com/rnewson/b9efd4f45e1c62315816
>>>
>>> In the meantime, I reverted the changes optimisation commit on fabric and now
I’m getting this once it is time to start replicating more documents after the existing
update sequence is all caught up with during replication:

>>> https://gist.github.com/janl/75804904dad73d17ed0e
>>>
>>> During which I found out that there *are* a few small attachments in the source
database, sorry for the confusion about this earlier.

>>> I still see function_clause errors after the revert, Bob suggests to wait for
Adam to comment.