couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Klaus Trainer <klaus_trai...@posteo.de>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Fauxton config and the new config API
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2015 11:01:42 GMT
I like your proposal.  It sounds carefully considered and planned.  I
like the idea that the UI communicates in a direct and clear way that
another (maybe external) tooling is necessary as soon as you're dealing
with a cluster.

I believe that not making any compromises (as in "we only have to
configure those six nodes, let's just do it here") will ultimately
result in a better UX, as it doesn't offer a way that will result into
trouble sooner or later.

I think that it's probably the best solution that we can provide for now
without blocking the 2.0 release for a (seemingly) more elaborate solution.