couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Joan Touzet <woh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Windows build blocked by khash NIF
Date Sun, 12 Jul 2015 00:54:59 GMT
Alex says:
> On Sun, Jul 12, 2015 at 3:14 AM, Joan Touzet <wohali@apache.org>
> wrote:
> >   1) Build a custom beam.smp.dll on Windows that exports make_hash2
>
> Sounds as the right solution, but how it will complicate build
> process?

It means that Windows builds have to have a custom built Erlang
with patches that we write. Windows builds will never be able to run
against stock Erlang builds from erlang.org. We will be responsible for
rebuilding and patching as new versions of Erlang are released, e.g. for
security patches.

> >   2) Revert to the old-style ets approach on Windows, conditionally
> >      using khash only on *NIX.
>
> Sounds as the simplest solution, but won't it cause any issues?

Bob Newson proposed this solution. It's going to take a bunch of build
magic to make happen, as we have to load the khash app only when not
running on a Windows platform. The old code should be around somewhere,
but I've not looked at it in a long while.

> Also, how about ask on erlang-questions@ about export make_hash2?
> Sure, it won't solve problems for now, but could help in the future.

If you want to ask please be my guest, my time is limited.