couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Kowalski <...@kowalski.gd>
Subject [DISCUSSION] nmo to the ASF
Date Wed, 03 Jun 2015 01:42:22 GMT
Hi folks,

I wrote nmo (speaks: nemo) as part of COUCHDB-2598 and I would like to
donate nemo - a tool to manage CouchDB clusters officially to the ASF.

Website with a short video demoing the main functionality at [1] and
code at [2] - as I said I wrote it as part of COUCHDB-2598 [3] and
would love to donate it as a next step now that I have something that
can get a review and demoes the basic concept of the cli client.

Features:

 - define cluster inventories and manage the clusters by their name
 - if one or more node(s) is/are down, you have to use --force to join
nodes into a cluster
 - parseable json output with --json as commandline argument
 - next to the cli an api to write own custom scripts, websites, services
 - website with docs for every command (both docs for api, cli
versions of the commands - see right navigation on website [1])
 - manpages
 - 100% test coverage.

Upcoming features:

 - streaming imports from MongoDB and Postgres (the version with JSON
support) into CouchDB

Best,
Robert

[1] http://robertkowalski.github.io/nmo/