couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Giovanni Lenzi <g.le...@smileupps.com>
Subject Re: Ideas for improving ddocs performance ??
Date Sat, 09 May 2015 07:00:52 GMT

> One idea was already discussed on ML, IRC and pretty trivial: provide
> cache-friendly show/list functions with deterministic output. Mostly,
> could be solved by using stateless template engine like mustache on
> server side and side-effect less logic. The results could be cached on
> disk as like as views ones does and all show/list requests are turns
> into building and serving static content from disk.

Thanks for letting me know. Sounds nice.

Now that you told me cache, I had a flashback.. At Smileupps, in the past,
in order to efficiently interact with search engine spiders, we were trying
to implement the "If-Modified-Header" (
https://www.feedthebot.com/ifmodified.html), using show and list functions.
But we faced what seemed like an imposed couchdb restriction... It seemed
not possible to return correctly a 304 status-code. Even if we returned it
from the show function, it was not the real code sent to client.

I'm sharing this experience, just to not lose it.. I am not surely
searching an answer on that.

--
Giovanni Lenzi
www.smileupps.com