couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Lagrange <lagrangemar...@gmail.com>
Subject How to get back to the screen some debug info from the compiled program ?
Date Sun, 10 May 2015 11:50:24 GMT
Hi everyone,

I am currently working on solving an issue in the rewriting module that
affect the rewrite process :
https://github.com/apache/couchdb-chttpd/blob/master/src/chttpd_rewrite.erl
and I have written some end-to-end regression tests :
https://github.com/apache/couchdb/blob/master/test/javascript/tests/rewrite.js

I modify the locally cloned couchdb-chttpd repository and compile the
program again, then run the server and the tests again.

make && dev/run --with-admin-party-please
> test/javascript/run test/javascript/tests/rewrite.js

The thing is that I would like in someway to see what happen in the program
during the execution, especially when this tests are running.

I have written :

io:format('blabla'),

or

couch_log:debug("blabla"),

 in the erlang file but nothing seems to appear whether in the server
console or in any logs.

Do you know how I could get back to the screen some debug info from the
compiled program ?

Thank you in advance,

--
Martin LAGRANGE