couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject [REPORT] CouchDB
Date Fri, 15 May 2015 18:13:06 GMT
Report from the Apache CouchDB project [Jan Lehnardt]

   NoSQL document database using HTTP, JSON, and MapReduce

## Activity:
 - Massive uptake in marketing@ activity, specifically pertaining
   the framing of “The CouchDB Story”, i.e. how we communicate what
   we do to the world.
 - Switched website to git deploy, seeing immediate uptake in
   website contributions.
 - Ongoing effort to get over the last humps for our major 2.0
   release.
 - Accepted the Nano project (a Node.js library for CouchDB) into
   Apache CouchDB. This took a while because IP-clearance for a
   GitHub project is, well, interesting.
 - CouchDB will participage in the Google Summer of Code with at
   least one project.
 - Community vote for a new project logo. The PMC is now working
   with the most favoured designers for a final selection.
 - (Not necessarily Board Report material, but still a big dael,
   so I am going to include it: CouchDB made the ThoughtWorks
   Technology Radar: http://www.thoughtworks.com/radar/techniques
   in the “Offline First” category \o/)
 - Finally, I’d like to voice my appreciation for the new board
   report tool. Thank you all who made this happen!

## Issues:
 - there are no issues requiring board attention at this time

## PMC/Committership changes:

 - Currently 47 committers and 12 PMC members in the project.
 - Last PMC addition was Robert Kowalski at Fri Oct 24 2014
 - New commmitters:
    - Michelle Phung was added as a committer on Thu Feb 26 2015
    - Tony Sun was added as a committer on Tue Feb 17 2015
    - Eric Avdey was added as a committer on Wed Feb 18 2015
    - Maria Andersson was added as a committer on Wed Apr 29 2015

## Releases:

 - Last release was 1.6.1 on Wed Sep 03 2014

## Mailing list activity:

 - dev@couchdb.apache.org:

 - notifications@couchdb.apache.org:

 - replication@couchdb.apache.org: