couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Move Fauxton to its own mailing list?
Date Thu, 16 Apr 2015 11:42:32 GMT
I also think we need to start thinking carefully about the overhead we're
adding with all these mailing lists.

I think it's good that we've been in an expansionist phase. But there are
several downsides:

- Splitting mailing list traffic splits discussion and splits the
community, in a very real sense. Conversations become balkanised. This can
be good, but it also has the potential to be bad. We need to keep both
aspects in mind.

- Mailing lists are already pretty weird, and many people don't like them.
In that sense, adding mailing lists increases the barrier to entry for
participation in our project. And that's a very important issue we need to
consider.