couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastian Rothbucher <sebastianrothbuc...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Running 1.x-era JavaScript tests against master
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2015 19:25:36 GMT
Hi,

went a little further - and it could become a bumpy ride (see
https://github.com/apache/couchdb/compare/master...sebastianrothbucher:clustertest)
for how it got so far:
- you have to use full write quorum (e.g. via query param), otherwise
you'll end up with lots of Heisenbugs (because you might get the shard not
yet up to date; waits are not the solution. Replication tests could become
tricky)
- correctly detected the Etags issue (which is not yet solved - there is a
chttpd PR open)

Cheers
     Sebastian