couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Buddhika Jayawardhana <buddhika...@cse.mrt.ac.lk>
Subject Re: GSoc 2015 | COUCHDB-1743 Make the view server & protocol faster
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2015 16:44:46 GMT
I changed the testing method to TDD as Robert suggested. Also I changed the
schedule in to a weekly based one. I would like to have your comments on
time allocation for each task. Here is the link
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Yrj73vXAJjBA0-i_Nt78FUipy5oTtZ42UG2TlXmH4y0/edit?usp=sharing>
for the proposal.

On 24 March 2015 at 07:40, Buddhika Jayawardhana <buddhika.12@cse.mrt.ac.lk>
wrote:

> Dear Robert and Alexander,
>
> Thanks for your suggestions.
> Robert,
> Yes I was thinking about a good, simple way to represent the schedule. My
> idea was to draw a chart which shows the time allocation with a range of
> dates and hourly basis.
> eg:
> Implementing show function handler
>
> Duration: May 10 to 30
> Designing :10 hours.
> Implementation :100 hours
> Testing : 30 hours
>
> likewise. Is that ok? I thought that it might help me to divide the time
> among tasks easily although those are rough estimates. As you advised I
> will be writing test cases for every bit of function. I will complete this
> before 20 UTC todya(Because I got some lectures today). And I will let you
> know when I am done.
>

> Again Thanks for spending time for read the proposal.
>
> On 24 March 2015 at 06:23, Robert Kowalski <rok@kowalski.gd> wrote:
>
>> Looks good! Left some suggestions!
>>
>> Are you going to complete the schedule?
>>
>> I just noticed that you have a special section for testing, from my
>> experience I can suggest to add unit tests while you develop the
>> feature, as adding tests weeks or months later to a big, grown
>> codebase is not a lot of fun and also very hard (maybe even not
>> possible because the code was written untestable weeks ago). At least
>> that are my experiences with testing.
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 5:15 PM, Buddhika Jayawardhana
>> <buddhika.12@cse.mrt.ac.lk> wrote:
>> > Dear Folks,
>> >
>> > I have prepared a draft proposal  for the project based on what I have
>> read
>> > so far.
>> >
>> > How deep I should explain the technical details of the project?
>> > Is the software process which I have suggested is ok? or should I use
>> any
>> > other process?
>> >
>> > This is the link
>> > <
>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Yrj73vXAJjBA0-i_Nt78FUipy5oTtZ42UG2TlXmH4y0/edit?usp=sharing
>> >
>> > for the proposal. Please be kind enough to add your comments on the
>> > proposal.
>> >
>> > Thank You
>> >

>> > On 22 March 2015 at 10:24, Buddhika Jayawardhana <
>> buddhika.12@cse.mrt.ac.lk>

>> this
>> https://docs.google.com/a/cse.mrt.ac.lk/document/d/1Yrj73vXAJjBA0-i_Nt78FUipy5oTtZ42UG2TlXmH4y0/edit?usp=sharing
>> >.