couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Buddhika Jayawardhana <buddhika.anus...@gmail.com>
Subject GSoc 2015 | COUCHDB-1743 Make the view server & protocol faster
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2015 09:03:44 GMT
Hi,
I am an Undergraduate of Department of Computer Science and Engineering
University of Moratuwa. I have been subscribed to couchdb mailing list
since months and I have been trying to learn some Erlang to work with
couchdb. I noticed project  "COUCHDB-1743 Make the view server & protocol
faster" is related to GSoC. I am willing to submit a project proposal for
this project.

I have theoretical knowledge in software process, design patterns, and
other Engineering concepts. I've been using 'java', 'C++' for high-level
programming and 'C', a little bit of assembly for low-level programming and
PHP and JavaScript  for web development. Also I have sound knowledge  on
Erlang. I would be much thankful if you can guide to get familiar with the
project as soon as possible.

Here are the problems in my mind

   - Are the other programming languages that I should get familiar with?
   - What are the technologies I should get familiar with?
   - I can work 40 hours per week for the project. Would that be enough to
   successfully complete the prject?
   - What are the other resources that I should read before submitting the
   proposal?

Hope you will guide me through the project.
Thank You.

--
*Buddhika Jayawardhana*
Undergraduate | Department of Computer Science & Engineering