couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Plugin infrastructure
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2015 16:00:21 GMT
Hiya,

The couchdb-couch-plugins repository is for downloading and installing
plugins from a registry. I know Jan was working on it at one point as a
proof of concept type thing but not sure where its at today.

Plugerl on the other hand is for defining callbacks that can be used by
plugins.

The two are orthogonal. Code installed via couchdb-couch-plugins could have
hooks for the callbacks defined by our plugerl modules. Or not if they
don't need to.

A Python analogy that comes to mind, couchdb-couch-plugins is kinda like
pip, plugerl is like entry_points.

HTH,
Paul