couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Kowalski <...@kowalski.gd>
Date Fri, 20 Mar 2015 19:15:07 GMT
Hi Noah,

I waited for adding it to the homepage and also using the list at all
until we have full git and github, as we currently have both svn and
git in parallel running (jan reported this wednesday meeting). Maybe
it is a first good task for the website group once we have git and
github :)

I won't do any work on the homepage until then and I guess the others
on www@ too.

But feel free to add it now if you want!

Maybe Jenn and the others can chime in (not sure if they are on dev)
but maybe "Everything related to couchdb.apache.org"

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 7:07 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
> Should we add www@ to the homepage? If so, what description?
>
> On 17 March 2015 at 22:06, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> On 17 Mar 2015, at 19:07, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hmm, why not combine them?
>>>
>>> So far, our lists have been split on activity type, not by code
>>> submodule. I think that's the right approach.
>>>
>>> So, dev@ as a default, but with a strong focus on the Erlang side of
>>> things, marketing@ for everything from promotion through to brand,
>>> l10n@ for anything to do with translation, etc.
>>>
>>> Instead of having two front-end lists for different front-end
>>> projects, let's have one place for front-end people. That could be
>>> used for anything from Futon, Fauxton, our main website, or anything
>>> else front-end-y
>>
>> Because they are very different topics and the fauxton traffic is already
>> suffocating (not complaining, keep up the good work! :) and I fear that it
>> just drowns out the website tech stuff.
>>

>>> My concern is that we already have quite a lot of lists, and while I
>>> think it's good that we've been in an expansionist phase, the downside
>>> is that each list balkanises conversation.
>>
>> I think your earlier analysis of creating a comfortable space is the
>> advantage here.
>>
>> Best
>> Jan
>> --

for the other thread. Although I wouldn't mix that in with the website dev bits.