couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Kowalski <...@kowalski.gd>
Subject Re: [COUCHDB-2214] Dashboard as main page
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2015 20:03:14 GMT
Hi Dulanga,

glad you figured it out while I was on a train! :)

Can you upload the pictures to something like box.com / dropbox or an
image hoster as the list does not support attachments?

We are storing our react components in files like
https://github.com/apache/couchdb-fauxton/blob/73bacedae20d6eaeefa0607364c79c94ad862844/app/addons/cors/components.react.jsx

To render them we still have to wrap them in Backbone Views - as our
framework is built for Backbone views. The backbone view files are
usually called `views.js`. This will go away soon but currently it is
the way to go:

https://github.com/apache/couchdb-fauxton/blob/73bacedae20d6eaeefa0607364c79c94ad862844/app/addons/cors/views.js#L25-41

which calls this at the bottom of `app/addons/cors/components.react.jsx`:

https://github.com/apache/couchdb-fauxton/blob/73bacedae20d6eaeefa0607364c79c94ad862844/app/addons/cors/components.react.jsx#L338

In https://github.com/apache/couchdb-fauxton/blob/73bacedae20d6eaeefa0607364c79c94ad862844/app/addons/cors/views.js#L25-41
`this.el` references the DOM-Node of the Backbone view in which then
the React Component is rendered into.

Regarding the proposal:

I am happy to help you with your proposal it would be nice to have an
option that makes it easy to leave comments (e.g google docs)

Best,
Robert

On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 6:26 PM, Dulanga Sashika <wadsashika@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Here I attached the screen shots of Dashboard menu item. Now its working.
> Now I want to know that, if I need to implement react component, where
> should I put it? And how can I access that to render the view? just give me
> some hints and I can carry on from there.
>
> Regards
>
> On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 10:15 PM, Dulanga Sashika <wadsashika@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hey Robert, problem solved.. :)
>>

>> Regards.
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 9:52 PM, Dulanga Sashika <wadsashika@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Robert,
>>>
>>> Now I am trying to create a new menu item for dashboard and implement a
>>> react component as you said. But now I am stuck in some place and couldn't
>>> figure out the problem yet. Here is the problem I had in process. I added
>>> dashboard menu item and added route and view for that. And i change the code
>>> to render dashboard when we enter http://localhost:8000 . As in img1 and
>>> img2, it doesn't show the view I created. But when I click on another menu
>>> item and come back to the dashboard, it shows the breadcrumb of previous
>>> pages as img 3 and 4. As in
>>> https://github.com/apache/couchdb-fauxton/blob/master/app/addons/databases/routes.js#L46
>>> , I called the new Dashboard.view() which is a component in my view.js. But
>>> in the console, it shows Uncaught Type error. Did I miss any configuration
>>> thing or did I do it wrong?

Code.

-

So you