couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Kowalski <...@kowalski.gd>
Subject Re: A cwiki review required and notes
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2015 21:56:23 GMT
Ah, you just changed them. I am +1 for those changes as they focus on
doing and remove details that might be hard for newcomers, like
release-branching. We should take care of that and not someone who
spotted a typo in the docs.

On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 10:50 PM, Robert Kowalski <rok@kowalski.gd> wrote:
> Hi Arun,
>
> great work! Thank you!
>
> Can you provide the url to the pages the new wiki replaces?
>
> My first feedback to
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/Documentation+Guide:
>
> I think we can remove DocBook section - I am participating in the
> project since 1 year and never heard of it or saw it. Jan, Alex or
> Andy can you verify that?
>
> Best,
> Robert
>
> On Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 9:20 PM, Arun Agarwal
> <arun_xyz@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
>> Looks like Yahoo mail is not kind to urls:
>> 1.https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/Installing+CouchDB
>> 2.
>>  https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/Documentation+Guide
>>

>>      On Monday, March 16, 2015 1:44 AM, Arun Agarwal <arun_xyz@yahoo.com.INVALID>
wrote:

>>  Hi Team.
>> Added the cwiki pages at:https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/Installing+CouchDBhttps://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/Documentation+Guide
>>
>> Notes:
>> -- Versions for developer preview 2.0 is TBD and we have to fill the right values.
not sure if we require nodejs/rebar added to the table.-- I have trimmed/re-worded the documentation
guide to some extent, please take a look and verify the hyperlinks if they point to correct
locations.   we should ideally have a markdown readme in couchdb-documentation repo and twiki
should point to the repo page for further documentation.  This way the documentation will
live with the code and twiki will point to the right documentation.-- We probably should avoid
versioning in url scheme example @ http://couchdb.readthedocs.org/en/1.6.1/search.html
>>     this way the urls are no longer bookmarkable and violates the resource semantics
as well. at some point we should change it in code.