couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GSoc 2015 | COUCHDB-1743 Make the view server & protocol faster
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2015 11:29:26 GMT
Hi Buddhika,

May be some docs could help you:
http://docs.couchdb.org/en/latest/query-server/protocol.html

The most easiest way to understand it is to play with it.
Try to enable debug logs for CouchDB (better here stay with 1.x
series), run view and other functions and see what the communication
happens between CouchDB and query server.
Try to run query server from CLI and send it some commands to it and
notice the responces.
After that, reading the code would be much more simpler since you'll
know the idea how it works in general.

--