couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Ayola Jayamaha <raphaelan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GSoC 2015][COUCHDB-2214] Dashboard as main page
Date Sun, 22 Mar 2015 18:26:06 GMT
Hi All,

Shared here are the links to the mockup UIs that I came up with.

(1) Image dashboard-custom-layout

It shows you the Main Dashboard Page that you see when you run the Fauxton
Web UI. In this configuration you can see 6 widgets. The customizable
widget or the master widget is only visible to the administrator and he/she
could customize / manage the widgets that are shown to each user. It
facilitate each user having a different set of available tasks/widgets
according to his taste/permission level.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y6obhay0v788vp6/dashboard-custom-layout.png?dl=0

(2) Image dashboard-main

It shows all the widgets after the page is fully loaded.

   - Recently Visited Databases - Details of DB visited
   - Active Tasks - DB, PID, % progress
   - Cluster Quick Mgt. - Nodes, DBs, Docs, (details,resource
   utilization,view,change)
   - User Quick Mgt. - Groups, Permissions, Authorization Roles
   - Replicator Quick Mgt. - Source, Target
   - Configuration Quick Mgt. - httpd, cluster, user, stats(only on cluster
   mode)

Each widget contains a different  UI component for better presentation ie
Bar charts, Trees, Maps,Tables ..etc

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cmulskiopamqzbv/dashboard-main.png?dl=0

(3) Image setting-active-task-widget

It is shown when you click on the settings icon at the right corner of the
widget. The user have some limited control over selecting the actions
viewed on the widget. These permissions are defined by the authorization
level of the user. Based upon that the user is given the set of tasks
falling under the sub-category of that widget.

eg: Active task widget

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2kt0o2preicb5sa/setting-active-task-widget.png?dl=0

(4) Image active-task

This is the view you get when you click on a widget. The widget maximizes
and only the maximized detailed view of the Active Tasks Widget is shown
here. The rest of the widgets too can be shown this way. The other widgets
are navigated by the icons shown at the bottom.

The task list is given and the details of the selected task is visualized
below it. Advanced Search can be done on the tasks as shown on the mockup
UI.

Each widget have a maximized view so user can get easily identified what
they are interested.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1jb2o68mveiwfj4/active-task.png?dl=0

Hoping to get any feedback for the mockup UIs or any suggestions for
improvement.

Thanks.

BR,
Nishani.