couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From madhuka udantha <madhukaudan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GSOC 2015] COUCHDB-2605 Visualize the CouchDB Cluster
Date Sun, 22 Mar 2015 18:21:22 GMT
Hi,

Here are the mockup UIs for Visualizing the CouchDB Clusters. It is just
the initial UIs.

* Page 1-cluster.png* [https://app.box.com/s/isjbfop69j2cmz0kg0qar7l5nmupjnf

This Page visualize nodes in the clusters with summary information for each
node. (Name, Memory usage..etc..) with a nice web UI interface. It is
interactive (drag and drop supporting over nodes)

*Page 2-cluster-notification-tip.png [*
https://app.box.com/s/euc5megmx5lwseqib4511309ocoypryb
<https://app.box.com/s/euc5megmx5lwseqib4511309ocoypryb>]

Top of each panel of the nodes it contains a notification icon if there is
notification.
eg: Memory/disk space availability, Error in node etc...
Notification will have a simple drop down structure as it is showing.

*Page 3-cluster-warning.png* [
https://app.box.com/s/f2ljwxvz2w01f8uepsj4zyarhwbpiz8b]

Critical level alert is showen. (Alert level can be set in config and
notification center)

*Page 4-adding-new-node.png* [
https://app.box.com/s/noygbeyze792bh4t93iaoxywdciau057]

By clicking "add new node" you can add new nodes for clusters. UI
Consistency is maintained

*Page 5-adding-new-node-by-drag-drop.png*[
https://app.box.com/s/gbfsbwb6zt1jdkijve72mnullplecpj7]

User interface is supported for drag-drop of databases in nodes.
(replication operation in the BE)

*Page 6-selected-db-in-node.png*[
https://app.box.com/s/6ojrvpxuvmo9k18dlnf8i4nmibzdx5s9]
Each node shows the databases in it. By Clicking on database you can see
detailed view of a particular database. This allows users to understand
memory/data/doc distribution over DBs in particular nodes.

*Page 7-custer-mgt-center.png* [
https://app.box.com/s/t9s42g3gwvv6bocbdsxrgjimdrh2ty0z]
Each node is shown with disk usage under icon and summary text of the node
is also given. It is easy to identify the disk space - free
availability. (In here we need some BE services help)

*Page 8-custer-mgt-center-infor.png* [
https://app.box.com/s/vvo4v9ji79l8japo3nm9f4lfbjhdamkc]
User can customize notifications for each nodes by level (warning, infor,
etc..)

*Page 9-charting-disk-usages.png*[
https://app.box.com/s/fk7eyoyrtg8d3b29xoo0mdho9rr8cmyz]
Cluster usage of the system is shown as a bar chart and the attributes to
be shown can be selected according to user's preferences.

You ideas are welcome in here.
Thanks