couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Running 1.x-era JavaScript tests against master
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2015 21:24:38 GMT
Hi all,

I’m concerned about people upgrading from 1.x to 2.0 and finding that
a number of small things are subtly broken.

I propose we figure out how to run the JavaScript test suite against
the clustered port in master, as they are a decent approximation of
what 1.x clients expect.

There will be a few things that need disabling (tests for _config
e.g.) and some need adjusting (expecting the seq_id to be a number),
but overall, I think this is not a bad task.

I know the JavaScript tests aren’t well liked here, but we’ve spent
quite some time putting a lot of CouchDB API knowledge into them
and I don’t want to miss an opportunity to make upgrades to 2.0 as
seamless as possible.

What do you think?

Best
Jan