couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <m...@jan.io>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Import docker-couchdb
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2015 19:34:36 GMT

> On 05.03.2015, at 20:23, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> On 05 Mar 2015, at 20:21, Joan Touzet <wohali@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Is there an official couchdb build in the docker repos? If so is it maintained by
klaemo?

> There is no build associated with the Dockerfiles, but I believe the plan is to produce
“official” CouchDB images from this.

>> Our issues with these sorts of ecosystems in the past have come from us perhaps not
working as closely as we would like with their stakeholders for couchdb. If there's something
similar for docker we should leverage it, or ensure we're closely aligned with it before we
accept this.

> Yeah, this is exactly to address this.
>
>> -Joan
>>
>> P.S. In case you missed it, couchdb fell out of Debian for the Jessie release. :(
>
> Meh :/

That said: Micah et.al are getting us back on track for 2.0. And the renewed effort aims to
get us on good terms with all the distros.

I was wondering whether the docker-couchdb project would be up for donating their effort to
us and to take over maintenance. @klaemo is up for it and we are only waiting for the one
other significant contributor to give their OK.

serves 2, and @klaemo hinted at being interested in taking over maintenance of 2.

>>> I’d be in favour of having some Docker experience in-house that can maintain
both use-cases and cross-share any developments.