couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Nadeeshaan Gunasinghe <nadeeshaangunasin...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: GSOC 2015 [Visualize document revision tree and navigate betweenthese revisions]
Date Sun, 22 Mar 2015 04:47:12 GMT
Hi Alex,
Thank you very much for pointing out the missing things and the critical functionality suggestions.
I designed these uis in order to show how we are going to/where we are going to show the revision
tree.
As you suggested I am redesigning the ui in order to support the critical functionalities.
I will send the re designed mockups asap for your inspection.
BR

-----Original Message-----
From: "Alexander Shorin" <kxepal@gmail.com>
Sent: ‎3/‎21/‎2015 11:55 PM
To: "dev@couchdb.apache.org" <dev@couchdb.apache.org>
Subject: Re: GSOC 2015 [Visualize document revision tree and navigate betweenthese revisions]

On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 8:26 PM, Nadeeshaan Gunasinghe
<nadeeshaangunasinghe@gmail.com> wrote:
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/oezvfztq9abqtv5/alldocs_added_tree_icon.png?dl=0
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/36mmwy4r46nn1l7/revTreeMockup.png?dl=0

Good start. Now let's try to think how this feature could be used in
real. This will give us the following questions:
1. Tree could be wide. Very wide and tall. Proposed interface has a
quite small limit for amount of conflicts which could be showed
without having horizontal scrolling. How this is  suppose to be
handled?
2. Tree is used to only to look it at and browse document for each
selected revision, but also to apply some kind of operation: "revert
to", delete, merge, etc. Proposed interface doesn't assumes to have
any bar for such operations.
3. Document content for some revisions may not be available. What will
be showed on the right pane in this case?
4. During the conflict resolution, or merge, you'll need to see both
conflict documents and the result of their merge.  How proposed
interface could help with that?
5. Will navigation to revision tree page be available from document view page?

--