couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Arun Agarwal <arun_...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: A cwiki review required and notes
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2015 06:15:26 GMT
Hey Robert and Alex.

Thanks so much for inputs. As I mentioned in notes(and that echos your suggestions), we should
keep doc part of repos and keep only pointers here in twiki.

since I wasn't sure, what to keep and what to remove, I just took the old information to new
location and verified the URLs along with some rewording of the sentences (I really liked
creativity in the last paragraph though :-) ).

I will continue to slay some of the beasts that come along (of course with the verification
help of you giants :P).
Thanks.  more notes to follow.
regards.arun.

     On Wednesday, March 18, 2015 4:22 AM, Alexander Shorin <kxepal@gmail.com> wrote:

 On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 1:39 AM, Robert Kowalski <rok@kowalski.gd> wrote:
> Alex, would you propose to delete this site and their subsites? Can
> you take care of deleting it?

Yes, I do, if nobody else mind.

> Can we remove the DocBook section in
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/Documentation+Guide
> ?

TL;DR after few more iterations it's a good stuff for Contribution
Guide[1] in docs.

Quick notes:
1. Links to the documetation repository are in mess between old
couchdb and new couchdb-documentation
2. Steps in Quick Starting Guide are not match to real. There is no
`share/doc` now
3. To build the docs you don't have to run such monster commands. Just
make html or make pdf or see Makefile[2]
4. Links in Generation via ReadTheDocs section are seems references to
Dave's setup (:

[1]: https://github.com/apache/couchdb-documentation/blob/master/src/contributing.rst
[2]: https://github.com/apache/couchdb-documentation/blob/master/Makefile

--