couchdb-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From ASF IRC Bot <asf...@urd.zones.apache.org>
Subject Summary of IRC Meeting in #couchdb-meeting
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2015 20:52:39 GMT
Summary of IRC Meeting in #couchdb-meeting at Wed Mar  4 20:01:24 2015:

Attendees: michellep, jennmoneydollars, Kxepal, eiri, ksnavely, robertkowalski, nslater

- Preface
- fauxton update
- committers
- logo discussion - status
  - Action: robertkowalski will volunteer to create a page where all logos are comparable
and voteable
- couchdb 2.0
  - Action: Kxepal tries to answer the questions mar-ia had on the ML
  - Info: list of blockers at https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project+%3D+COUCHDB+AND+resolution+%3D+Unresolved+AND+priority+%3D+Blocker+ORDER+BY+key+DESC
  - Info: help needed, please test https://github.com/apache/couchdb-couch/pull/35 on your
machine and write feedback into the PR
  - Link: http://www.mail-archive.com/user@couchdb.apache.org/msg26503.html
- open floor / other business
  - Action: nslater sends infos that are related to the website work to the new website mailing
list (www@couchdb.apache.org) until the 14th of march
  - Info: couchdb day photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/131491135@N05/sets/72157650587481380/
  - Info: couchdb day videos https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJrkk2yqmiZ5PB0tozBnlS-QbaR4w97Gk
  - Info: if there are more couchdb events and they want on the site, we can add them


IRC log follows:

## Preface ##
## fauxton update ##
[Wed Mar  4 20:02:32 2015] <robertkowalski>: we are currently working on a mango interface
in fauxton, an early draft: https://cloudup.com/c26xgbWb6Ur
[Wed Mar  4 20:03:01 2015] <Kxepal>: robertkowalski: you'd received my feedback already,
hadn't you? (; P:
[Wed Mar  4 20:03:16 2015] <robertkowalski>: Kxepal: yes, thank you!
[Wed Mar  4 20:03:59 2015] <robertkowalski>: we build more and more react components
are are able to throw away a lot of old untested code which was full of workarounds
[Wed Mar  4 20:04:05 2015] <Kxepal>: robertkowalski: you're going to make it on react?
[Wed Mar  4 20:04:24 2015] <robertkowalski>: we replace it with new tested code
[Wed Mar  4 20:04:32 2015] <robertkowalski>: Kxepal: yes, it will be react
[Wed Mar  4 20:05:30 2015] <robertkowalski>: every change / pr now must have tests,
and from my feeling the quality/amount of issues for fauxton got better
[Wed Mar  4 20:06:01 2015] <robertkowalski>: we still have some blockers for the 2.0
release, but compared to the other open tasks for 2.0 they are quite small
[Wed Mar  4 20:06:31 2015] <Kxepal>: that's great!
[Wed Mar  4 20:06:54 2015] <Kxepal>: robertkowalski: I probably throw you few more blockers
when I check fauxton next time P:
[Wed Mar  4 20:07:10 2015] <ksnavely>: Tests with each PR is a great strategy.
[Wed Mar  4 20:07:27 2015] <Kxepal>: indeed..and the right one!
## committers ##
[Wed Mar  4 20:10:02 2015] <robertkowalski>: I think we have new committers, welcome
:)
[Wed Mar  4 20:10:09 2015] <Kxepal>: so, we're happy to meet our new committers michellep
eiri ksnavely !
[Wed Mar  4 20:10:26 2015] <ksnavely>: :)
[Wed Mar  4 20:10:47 2015] <michellep>: hi :)
[Wed Mar  4 20:11:04 2015] <eiri>: \o/
[Wed Mar  4 20:11:27 2015] <Kxepal>: welcome to our, now, Big CouchDB. hope you'll enjoy
our company (:
[Wed Mar  4 20:11:52 2015] <michellep>: thanks for the welcome!
[Wed Mar  4 20:12:25 2015] <ksnavely>: Ooh clusters, fancy ;)
[Wed Mar  4 20:12:38 2015] <Kxepal>: yay! (:
## logo discussion - status ##
[Wed Mar  4 20:14:11 2015] <robertkowalski>: there were some posting son the ML with
logos, some got good feedback
[Wed Mar  4 20:14:55 2015] <Kxepal>: I think we have now some...3 or 4 candidates for
the first tour
[Wed Mar  4 20:15:17 2015] <robertkowalski>: i talked to sean today, who was leading
the work for some of the logo designs and we are both not sure how to continue with the process
[Wed Mar  4 20:16:13 2015] <Kxepal>: I think at first we need to make a page where all
logos will be on the same page (+ current one) and add there some vote poll.
[Wed Mar  4 20:16:44 2015] <robertkowalski>: sounds good!
[Wed Mar  4 20:16:47 2015] <Kxepal>: this will 1) let people browse all the candidates
and compare them between 2) send us non very precise, but still, feedback about what they
likes
[Wed Mar  4 20:17:29 2015] <Kxepal>: personally, I love the latest version by Constantin
Angheloiu (:
[Wed Mar  4 20:17:37 2015] <robertkowalski>: i can volunteer for that this weekend
[Wed Mar  4 20:18:14 2015] <Kxepal>: robertkowalski: cool, thanks (:
[Wed Mar  4 20:18:49 2015] <robertkowalski>: #action robertkowalski will volunteer to
create a page where all logos are comparable and voteable
## couchdb 2.0 ##
[Wed Mar  4 20:20:33 2015] <robertkowalski>: since the last meeting i created the issues
and i think Kxepal also added some
[Wed Mar  4 20:20:45 2015] <Kxepal>: a little (:
[Wed Mar  4 20:20:51 2015] <robertkowalski>: (the blocking issues for 2.0)
[Wed Mar  4 20:21:43 2015] <Kxepal>: but while adding blockers is a cool kind of work,
the more important to make release happens is to solve these blockers (:
[Wed Mar  4 20:21:58 2015] <Kxepal>: we're appreciate any help from everyone (:
[Wed Mar  4 20:22:33 2015] <robertkowalski>: i worked a bit on pulling each contributors
name out of the subrepos and it works - but as the numbers of commits got screwed we would
have to remove them. from my perspective they are not important.
[Wed Mar  4 20:22:43 2015] <ksnavely>: newbie question: where are these best viewed?
Jira? Github?
[Wed Mar  4 20:22:56 2015] <Kxepal>: ksnavely: jira
[Wed Mar  4 20:23:01 2015] <ksnavely>: ty
[Wed Mar  4 20:23:06 2015] <Kxepal>: ksnavely: https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project+%3D+COUCHDB+AND+resolution+%3D+Unresolved+AND+priority+%3D+Blocker+ORDER+BY+key+DESC
[Wed Mar  4 20:23:21 2015] <ksnavely>: great, thanks
[Wed Mar  4 20:23:52 2015] <Kxepal>: also, no need to be exactly Erlang programmer to
help with blockers - testing on various environments is also welcome!
[Wed Mar  4 20:24:04 2015] <robertkowalski>: #info list of blockers at https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project+%3D+COUCHDB+AND+resolution+%3D+Unresolved+AND+priority+%3D+Blocker+ORDER+BY+key+DESC
[Wed Mar  4 20:24:44 2015] <Kxepal>: for instance, I would like to call for volunteers
with testing https://github.com/apache/couchdb-couch/pull/35 PR on various OS / erlang versions
[Wed Mar  4 20:26:39 2015] <robertkowalski>: #info help needed, please test https://github.com/apache/couchdb-couch/pull/35
on your machine and write feedback into the PR
[Wed Mar  4 20:27:59 2015] <Kxepal>: oh..wait
[Wed Mar  4 20:28:41 2015] <Kxepal>: #link http://www.mail-archive.com/user@couchdb.apache.org/msg26503.html
[Wed Mar  4 20:29:18 2015] <Kxepal>: mar-ia took a shoot on making documentation for
2.0 - any feedback is extremely welcome!
[Wed Mar  4 20:29:59 2015] <robertkowalski>: Kxepal can you help her regarding the questions
she had? http://www.mail-archive.com/user@couchdb.apache.org/msg26511.html
[Wed Mar  4 20:30:18 2015] <Kxepal>: robertkowalski: I probably miss them. sure, will
do.
[Wed Mar  4 20:30:50 2015] <robertkowalski>: cool that would be awesome!
[Wed Mar  4 20:31:15 2015] <robertkowalski>: #action Kxepal tries to answer the questions
mar-ia had on the ML
[Wed Mar  4 20:31:29 2015] <Kxepal>: everyone else is also welcome (:
## open floor / other business ##
[Wed Mar  4 20:32:40 2015] <robertkowalski>: short update regarding the website-group
jennmoneydollars - the mailing list got created
[Wed Mar  4 20:33:19 2015] <robertkowalski>: still waiting for good news from Humbedooh
regarding the move from svn to git and github
[Wed Mar  4 20:33:25 2015] <jennmoneydollars>: yes i saw/joined. i believe nslater said
he had notes from before this was all created - nslater if you can send to the group that
would be awesome
[Wed Mar  4 20:33:52 2015] <nslater>: ACTION boings
[Wed Mar  4 20:34:17 2015] <nslater>: jennmoneydollars: I will send that all through.
my target timeframe?
[Wed Mar  4 20:34:26 2015] <nslater>: will require a bit of work collating, etc
[Wed Mar  4 20:34:44 2015] <jennmoneydollars>: i’m “off the grid” until the 14th
[Wed Mar  4 20:34:47 2015] <jennmoneydollars>: starting this evening
[Wed Mar  4 20:36:21 2015] <nslater>: okay. that's a decent chunk of time
[Wed Mar  4 20:36:36 2015] <robertkowalski>: #action nslater sends infos that are related
to the website work to the new website mailing list (www@couchdb.apache.org) until the 14th
of march
[Wed Mar  4 20:37:53 2015] <robertkowalski>: nano.js update: garren who got voluntold
last time collected data and handed it jan____ - i think jan wants to start to write the authors
[Wed Mar  4 20:37:59 2015] <nslater>: can I ask, who's looking at this now? I'm super
excited it's getting attention !!
[Wed Mar  4 20:38:53 2015] <robertkowalski>: nslater: so far no one really
[Wed Mar  4 20:39:19 2015] <nslater>: okay! well. there's chatter. that's better than
no chatter!
[Wed Mar  4 20:40:11 2015] <robertkowalski>: nslater: the idea is to get more collaborators
once the website is available via git, there are some folks interested, like jennmoneydollars
and kevin who wrote to me on twitter
[Wed Mar  4 20:40:19 2015] <nslater>: aha okay cool
[Wed Mar  4 20:41:11 2015] <Kxepal>: git connects people (:
[Wed Mar  4 20:42:01 2015] <robertkowalski>: another thing: the photos/videos from the
couchdb day are online now
[Wed Mar  4 20:42:27 2015] <Kxepal>: robertkowalski: links!
[Wed Mar  4 20:43:12 2015] <robertkowalski>: #info couchdb day photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/131491135@N05/sets/72157650587481380/
[Wed Mar  4 20:44:23 2015] <robertkowalski>: #info couchdb day videos https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJrkk2yqmiZ5PB0tozBnlS-QbaR4w97Gk
[Wed Mar  4 20:44:50 2015] <robertkowalski>: #info if there are more couchdb events
and they want on the site, we can add them
[Wed Mar  4 20:45:56 2015] <Kxepal>: robertkowalski: do we have links on flickr and
youtube on main site?
[Wed Mar  4 20:46:05 2015] <robertkowalski>: ah
[Wed Mar  4 20:46:26 2015] <robertkowalski>: Kxepal: not sure
[Wed Mar  4 20:46:46 2015] <robertkowalski>: do you mean http://couchdb.apache.org ?
[Wed Mar  4 20:46:49 2015] <Kxepal>: robertkowalski: yes
[Wed Mar  4 20:46:52 2015] <Kxepal>: looks like no
[Wed Mar  4 20:46:58 2015] <Kxepal>: need to add imho
[Wed Mar  4 20:47:10 2015] <Kxepal>: but after the meeting (: just this thought crossed
my mind now
[Wed Mar  4 20:47:18 2015] <Kxepal>: ACTION >_>
[Wed Mar  4 20:47:28 2015] <robertkowalski>: jan____ asked last time to have the meeting
every week
[Wed Mar  4 20:48:11 2015] <robertkowalski>: i can put that as info to the meeting notes
[Wed Mar  4 20:48:51 2015] <Kxepal>: robertkowalski: may be jan____ then? (:
[Wed Mar  4 20:49:17 2015] <jennmoneydollars>: i’ll be out too
[Wed Mar  4 20:49:57 2015] <Kxepal>: I'll take care about if noone else want to be.
[Wed Mar  4 20:50:34 2015] <robertkowalski>: i would need someone who runs the meeting
next week as i will be away in austin, tx
[Wed Mar  4 20:50:46 2015] <robertkowalski>: will ask jan
[Wed Mar  4 20:52:01 2015] <robertkowalski>: ASFBot: meeting end


Meeting ended at Wed Mar  4 20:52:01 2015

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/mixed (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message