couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSSION] Import docker-couchdb
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2015 17:49:20 GMT
Hi all,

between https://github.com/apache/couchdb/pull/305 and https://github.com/klaemo/docker-couchdb/issues/22
I was wondering whether the docker-couchdb project would be up for donating their effort to
us and to take over maintenance. @klaemo is up for it and we are only waiting for the one
other significant contributor to give their OK.

With that out of the way: do we want this?

Docker can be used in two capacities for CouchDB:

1. spin up a dev environment with all dependencies quickly.
2. spin up a production instance of CouchDB that is all self-contained.

Our current Dockerfile serves 1., but is poorly maintained, and klaemo/docker-couchdb serves
2, and @klaemo hinted at being interested in taking over maintenance of 2.

I’d be in favour of having some Docker experience in-house that can maintain both use-cases
and cross-share any developments.

If I hear no objections here, I’ll move to a vote.

Thanks!
Jan