couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Kowalski <...@kowalski.gd>
Subject Re: Nano and Futon CLI
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2015 14:44:33 GMT
Hi Nuno,

wow that sounds great! For me nano is _the_ Node.js library regarding CouchDB.

I really like the idea of nano being a part of the CouchDB project for
several reasons:

 - the projects would cross-pollinate each other more than they do currently
 - the CouchDB project would eat more of their own dog food
 - more people working on CouchDB related topics in the ASF
 - even more JS folks in #couchdb-dev and the project

I would suggest to offer nano separate from our database releases as
the current release cycle is ~2 releases / year.

I also have a concern:

We already have a jquery client library
(https://github.com/apache/couchdb-jquery-couch - this got extracted
from the old futon in 1.x), sadly we are currently quite limited in
our resources and don't have time to properly maintain it. I am afraid
this could happen also to nano because you mentioned that you don't
have time for the nano project. One way to avoid this is that we
search for new maintainers.

Does nano currently have other maintainers next to you?
What do you think regarding our limited resources? Do you have ideas
for building a nano team already?

Best,
Robert